Bring Hope Humanitarian Foundation is seeking an IT and Admin Officer to restructure and strengthen the organization’s existing IT and Administrative system.
Bring Hope Humanitarian Foundation (BHHF) is an international non-profit organization established in2015 as a respond to the increased need for aid for millions of displaced people who fled into Iraqi Kurdistan from the ISIS incursion and resulting destruction. With headquarters in Sweden and offices in Dubai and Northern Iraq,we reach out to and work with people and partners in vulnerable areas and emergency situations worldwide. We strive for long-term impact by addressing the pressing needs of people experiencing displacement and other vulnerable conditions through our humanitarian response, social cohesion, and economic development programs in specific project areas. These outcomes are reached through three thematic approaches: Resilience, Response, and Recovery.
We are seeking a passionate person for a role as IT and Admin officer for our Sweden office,located in Malmö, to build an IT and Admin system required for our day-to-day work. The key objective of this role is to bring efficiency to our daily worklife in the office by introducing a compatible IT system and driving towards a value and performance-based organization through diverse administrative tasks.
1. Introduce adequate work management tool/security, assess, and manage web/cloud security and build an IT infrastructure to handle all IT-related issues.
2. Implement new technologies and IT strategies to increase productivity and efficiency.
3. Ensure IT and administrative policies meet regulatory standards and are adhered to within the organization.
4. Redesign and manage the website(our current website designed in Webflow) and make it user-friendly for audiences to browse smoothly.
5. Transform the emailing system from webmail to Google Suite/Microsoft Suite, whichever is appropriate, without changing the domain.
6. Install Google/one drive (whichever is appropriate) as a universal system of cloud storage, train people to use it properly, and manage remote connectivity.
7. Provide support for issues related to software and hardware installation.
8. Develop needful policies and plan to establish an effective IT system within the organization.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
· Attitude to serve humanitarian concerns across the world.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the right mindset to work effectively within an international working environment.
· Practical knowledge and evidence of exposure to Windows operating systems, cloud management, google suites, IT infrastructure, tools, security systems, and related field.
· Adaptive to value-based and performance-driven work mode with strong self-leadership and team management skills.
· Previous experience supporting IT services and administration would be a plus
· Previous working experience in the humanitarian sector would be a plus
· Excellent understanding of IT regulations and best practices
· Excellent organizer with networking capacity
· Graphic and video editing skills
· Good analytical skills
· Experience in HR and administrative management.
· Proficient in English and Swedish language
· Professional growth: Bring Hope is expanding, and more exciting things can be achieved. We need passionate people to reach these milestones, so you will work in an environment that supports your professional growth and helps you positively impact the organization. At Bring Hope, we encourage work-life balance and help you develop competence according to your goals and needs.
· Inspiring work environment: You will work with a team of outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds allowing you to understand issues from different perspectives with a flexible schedule,including remote working mode.
· A strong community: We believe in collaboration and encourage inclusive culture. We help each other grow and take responsibility for our achievements and challenges as a team.
· Gain further knowledge of the humanitarian sector:Working with Bring Hope allows you to engage with several humanitarian actors.And based on our strong partnerships, you will improve your understanding ofthe sector through different activities and engagements while creating value within Bring Hope.
· A place to nurture your idea: Bring Hope welcomes and respects new ideas from every employee, offering you ample opportunity to develop the concept and implement it within the humanitarian sector.
Duration: The desired start date will be August 2023 (can be started earlier also). This is a minimum 6-month full-time contract with the possibility of an extension.
Having reviewed the advertisement, candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org through our LinkedIn page. Application should include the following documents:
· A cover letter specifying why you are applying for this position and how it is relevant for your future professional growth (1 page).
· A resume including degrees, work experience, and skill sets.
Interviews will be held in person or virtually during the application period. The closing date for applications is 25th July 2023. Please get in touch with Al Amin Sardar, the Strategy and Organization Development Adviser (email@example.com), for inquiries regarding the position.
Note: we may be unable to provide individualized feedback on every
application. However, we will inform you about your status in the process.